News: I am developing an open research platform (Collective Knowledge) and use it to automate and crowdsource optimization and co-design of the whole SW/HW/model/dataset stack of deep learning and AI in terms of speed, accuracy, energy, size and cost across realistic inputs and diverse platforms from IoT to Exascale supercomputers!
• 2017.March: Together with General Motors
we released a new version of our open research AI SDK
to collaboratively optimize and co-design SW/HW/model stack of deep learning and AI across diverse devices from IoT to HPC!
• 2017.February: Our CGO'07 research paper received "test of time" award!
• 2017.February: We discussed how to improve future Artifact Evaluation at joint CGO-PPoPP'17 AE panel
(Monday, 17:15-17:45, Austin, TX, USA)
• 2017.February: The distinguished artifact at the CGO'17
was implemented using our CK framework - see it at GitHub
• 2017.February: Last year we co-authored ACM's policy on Result and Artifact Review and Badging and prepared Artifact Appendices now used at SuperComputing'17!
• 2017.February: We started preparing AI for collaborative optimization powered by CK: cKnowledge.org/ai
• 2017.February: Michel Steuwer
(University of Edinburgh) blogged about CK concepts
• 2017.January: dividiti
shared CK-powered customizable and reusable workflow for Caffe (popular DNN framework)
running on Linux, Windows and Android!
• 2017.January: We wish you a very happy and successful New Year, and start it with several exciting internships available at dividiti (Cambridge, UK)
• 2016.December: We released new version of our open-source Android application to crowdsource benchmarking and optimization of various DNN libraries and models (Dec.27) [ grab it at Google Play
; get sources from GitHub
; see crowd-results (scenario "crowd-benchmark DNN libraries")
• 2016.October: We presented our collaborative approach to workloads benchmarking at ARM TechCon'16
(Oct.27, Santa Clara, USA)
• 2016.October: We presented Collective Knowledge approach
for unified artifact sharing MozFest'16 Open Science Session
(Oct.27, London, UK)
• 2016.September: We released CK V1.8.2
with continuous integration, support for farms of machines
, new CK documentation
, and new Open Science resources at GitHub
• 2016.August: We helped organize Artifact Evaluation for PACT'16
• 2016.June: Congratulations to Abdul Memon (my last PhD student) for successfully defending his thesis "Crowdtuning: Towards Practical and Reproducible Auto-tuning via Crowdsourcing and Predictive Analytics" in the University of Paris-Saclay
. Most of the software, data sets and experiments are not only reproducible but also shared as reusable and extensible components via Collective Mind and CK
• 2016.June: Dagstuhl workshop on Engineering Academic Software
• 2016.June: Our Collective Knowledge approach
for collaborative and reproducible experimentation was presented at the Smart Anything Everywhere Workshop: Enhancing digital transformation in European SMEs
• 2016.May: Thanks to a one-year grant from Microsoft
, we have moved Collective Knowledge Repository
to Azure cloud
• 2016.May: I presented Collective Knowledge technology
and Artifact Evaluation
at the ACM
• 2016.April: We started new CK-based research project with Imperial College London
funded by TETRACOM
- more info to come soon!
• 2016.March.14: Thank you for a very positive feedback about new Artifact Evaluation procedures
and Collective Knowledge concept
at the CGO/PPoPP'16!
• 2016.March: We presented our paper "Collective Knowledge: towards R&D sustainability"
and demonstrated CK-based crowdtuning results
• 2016.March.1: We released updated CK
with Android app
to crowdsource GCC/LLVM tuning!
• 2016.January: ADAPT'16 program with keynote by Ed Plowman (ARM) is now available online
- check out Reddit discussions
• 2015.November: I gave a guest lecture
about Collective Knowledge at the University of Manchester
• 2015.November: We co-organized exciting Dagstuhl perspective workshop on artifact evaluation
- the report will follow soon!
• 2015.September: We released our Collective Knowledge Framework for collaborative and reproducible R&D [GitHub
, live demo
• 2015.March: I gave a guest lecture
at the University of Copenhagen
• 2015.February: I received HiPEAC technology transfer award
for validating my new Collective Knowledge Framework and Repository
• Recent publications with my long-term vision: [DATE'16 (with artifacts)
, CPC'15 (with artifacts)
, Scientific Programming'14 (with artifacts)